To register your interest in volunteering with COTS, message us via the contact page and we will get back to you with details on when you can come along with us to share in the gift of giving.
Our next major annual event:
Sunday 28th July 2019
All are welcome to join us us for the most special event in COTS’ calendar. We transform Drill Hall into a refuge whereby men, women and children come together to spend a day indoors away from Melbourne’s cold. Our friends experiencing homelessness are provided with an opportunity to receive free haircuts, manicures, thermal sleeping bags, clothes and sanitary items. Together, we all share hot meals and drinks, whilst enjoying one another’s company. More details can be found on the official event page here.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Spread the word:
- All are welcome to the event! Be sure to share our posts on your socials, bring a friend on the day and carry out flyers with you on your way to work. You might just walk past somebody who we can help!
- Items that we currently need most include socks, underwear (men and women), food vouchers, hand warmers, blankets, shoes, pillows, board games, colouring pencils, colouring in books, playing cards.
- We are accepting monetary donations. Please remember that 100% of these donations (every single cent) goes back into the COTS movement – including covering the costs of the hall and food. Every member of COTS is a volunteer.
- Whilst the event runs from 1pm-7pm, the hall is booked from 9am-9pm. This does mean we need help setting up and packing down the venue before and after the event. Every minute is greatly appreciated.
- There are a large number of volunteer duties during the event, ranging from giving haircuts, plating meals, folding clothes, co-ordinating board games or just having a chat! Whatever your gift is, there is a place for it at the event.
In addition to our major events, COTS volunteers head out on various days and nights in different locations on a weekly/fortnightly basis. Dates are consistently shared on our Instagram and Facebook and/or emailed to our volunteers who have messaged us via this link and are part of our mailing list.